The new CELF-5 is a comprehensive battery of tests that provides you with a streamlined, flexible approach to language assessment. It now offers a more robust assessment of pragmatics using observations and interactive activities. Also included are new written language tests, updated norms, and a scoring/reporting platform delivered on Q-global. Available in both traditional and digital editions, CELF-5 provides highly accurate diagnostic information with current normative data, reflecting today’s diverse population.
Battery of 16 stand-alone tests
- Ten of the 16 tests are administered, depending on the student's age
- New normative data based on the March 2010 U.S. Census Update
- Modifications that reflect the results of multiple research phases and clinician feedback
New features to assess social language skills
- Report standard scores, percentile ranks, and growth scale values for the Pragmatics Profile
- Select one of six interactive tasks to rate behaviors observed during authentic communication activities using the Pragmatics Activities Checklist
Targeted assessment of written language
- Assess Reading Comprehension and Structured Writing
- Compare skills to oral language performance
New Digital Kit option
- All manuals (Examiner’s Manual, Technical Manual, and two Stimulus Books) are delivered on a flash drive
- Includes a full set of paper Record Forms, Reading and Writing Supplements, and Observational Rating Scales
- Option of traditional or digital delivery on a desktop or laptop
- All verbal stimuli and item analyses appear in the Record Form
Analysis of standardization data will be conducted Spring 2013.
Scoring will be available through Pearson’s Q-global platform. See this page for updated information about features and pricing later this year.
Watch for CELF-5 training provided through webinars posted on www.speechandlanguage.com Summer, 2013.